Hey friends, welcome to my about me page.
Thanks for coming over to Freedom TPM. Whether you stumbled upon me or you’re here by search, I’m thrilled you’re here now.
So…I’ve been playing around with blogging as kind of a hobby for a couple of years. Even though I wanted it to be more, I wasn’t giving what it took to make it so. I’d start and plan and get real close, then I would change directions. Another shiny object, person or method would catch my attention and off I’d go.
Psst….Just in case you don’t know, that’s not a good way to build a blog. 🙂
I will share that piece of the journey in some of future posts, but for now I will share a bit of myself with you.
That’s me chilling at my desk after a day at work on the “job”. Not the best pic, but it will do for now. I’ll try to get something better up before long. 🙂
Now, to share one of the most important parts about me.
About My Family
I’m a wife, a mom and a grandma. My family is diverse and beautiful. This awesome gang is the fuel in my fire. My spouse and beautiful wife is the wind beneath my wings.
I am currently working full time as a lean practitioner in healthcare. I’m a nurse by trade, but now I work to make my hospitals run better. I’m a process improvement nut with a plan. 🙂
As much as I like my job and helping people I work with, there are things that I need more. Below I share what is most important to me and why I do what I do.
- Spending time with this lady and enjoying life is not something I get to do enough of.
- Sharing more of my son’s life and helping take care of him before his disease wins is very important to me. That’s him on the left and my youngest daughter on the right.
- Enjoying time with my other sons and daughters would mean the world to me.
- Spending lots of time doing things with my grand kids would give us a chance to create more memories for a lifetime.
- I want to take care of my mom in her later years and give her the comforts and ease of worry that she deserves.
- I want to share time with my sisters and have some fun instead of just working all the time.
Now here’s a list of things that really all about me 🙂
About Me (Darlene)
Now…here are twelve fun tidbits so you can get to know me better. It will also tell you what drives me to get better.
- I have 3 grown children (the two to the right are my youngest with Fragile X). I have three more I am blessed with from my wife. We have ten awesome grandchildren. Yes, of course, they are the most awesome kids ever.
- My degrees are in nursing and a masters in business administration. At work I use lean methodologies to guide hospital improvement projects. I’m also in process of earning a Six Sigma black belt.
- Delightedly, I am building a business called Freedom TPM. This will become my full-time career and my families future. Through FTPM I get to engage with a community of like-minded individuals who are ready to leave the rat race and the “job” behind.
- I love to write, crochet, sometimes cook, read, learn and work on the computer. I especially love Excel (Yeah, kind of nerdy, I know).
- I love my family more than anything and desire to be with them and take care of them.
- I’m at the stage in life where my mom needs a little help. I love her so very much so it’s totally okay. I just want to be able to take really good care of her and give her the kind of life I’ve always felt she deserves. I want to make her later years as happy and beautiful as possible.
- I’ve helped to raise grandchildren and watched several grow to near adulthood.
- I want my forever home to be on a lake with a beautiful view where we have two additional cottages. One cottage will be for my mom and step dad and the other for my two adult disabled kids.
- I am a carrier for the cystic fibrosis (CF) gene and the Fragile X gene. My son was diagnosed with CF at two weeks old. He’s now 31 which is pretty good considering he was given a 50/50 chance to be a teenager. Last I checked his life expectancy is anywhere from 5-10 more years. I can tell he’s worsening at times, but we still fight it. I do want to share more of his life before something happens. Just in case you’re wondering, we didn’t know this gene was in my family until Christopher’s diagnosis.
- My spouse suffers with autoimmune disease and too much pain. This fuels my passion for Freedom of Time, Place and Money because I want to have more time to spend with her and discover healthier living methods. Some of the things I want for us to research and try are essential oils and meditation. Those are just the tip of the iceberg though.
- I want to get back into gardening and grow a lot of our own food. Canning and freezing food for winter would also be a way to improve our health and budget.
- Helping others to achieve their Freedom of Time, Place and Money without the pain and suffering of fear, doubt and negative self-talk, is my dream job!!
So, there you have it. I’m a normal person just like you. If you’d like to know more, drop me a line 🙂 You can also learn more about my gang over here on my family page.
About the Turning Point
Over the last few years, I’ve come to love blogging, success books, improvement methods and possibilities. I have found myself driving to work and drifting off in my thoughts. Sometimes I wonder about all the people around me doing the same thing as me. We’re all hurrying to somewhere to trade our time and our lives for dollars.
As my thoughts expand along this pathway, the possibilities began to evolve. What if I were to….? Could I really do this blog thing? What should it be about? Could I…What if…, etc.?
I hope you get the message.
It took too long for my thoughts to merge and the light at the end of the tunnel start to take form. I was too busy learning about me, whom I am and who I want to be. Finally, the threads of wisdom I was learning began to take root in my brain. In spite of the excitement and passion I was feeling, one common obstacle kept getting in my way. Fear has stood in my path for too long.
Deciding to do something about my future was harder than it should have been. There were tons of people out there wanting to help me succeed. Some of them had free advice and some had books, programs, gadgets, forms, etc. to get me going. The problem was I had shiny object syndrome and it caused some major distractions.
After a lot of time and a few too many dollars, I got on track. There were three particular influences that brought me full circle to where I needed to be. I will share those very soon. Anyway, this turning point is what helped me see and begin to focus on how I could help you and thousands more be a successful as you desire. It was no longer about me. I saw the opportunity to help others like me.
I want to help others who feel the same as I do. People who want something else. Maybe they feel stuck or want freedom to live their lives. For those who want to work side by side to build their dreams and take back their lives, I decided to build us a community. By building a home and a gathering place for us “kind of, sort of” newbie folks, where everyone feels comfortable and able to learn from each other, the opportunity for success will increase tenfold.
I’m putting my knowledge, my passion and my lessons to use to help us all take it to the next level.
It took me a long time to own up to being the only one who could really make life better. I guess I was just waiting for discovery. Well, I’ve learned if you want discovered, you have to get out there and make it impossible not to be so.
So that’s pretty much me in a big nutshell. I’m kind of geeky, kind of a homebody and I love my family very much. I have now taken ownership of myself and my life and I’m on my way to achieving my dreams.
I’m here to build an awesome community of like-minded individuals and leave the world in awe as we manifest dreams into reality.
I hope we are able to connect and you choose to join the journey.
Thanks again for coming by to meet me and learn all about me and my family 🙂
Until later friends,
p.s. You should go ahead and sign up now and get your freebies. They are pretty cool even if I do say so myself.